Small business is the lifeblood of a community. That is why Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust is committed to the growth and prosperity of small businesses and are determined to help our clients achieve and build on their success. As Iowa's #1 SBA bank*, we proudly hold both the Preferred and Express Lender designations, which allows us to underwrite and approve loans efficiently and help you get down to business.
SBA loans can be used to:
- Purchase machinery and equipment
- Purchase, construct, expand or improve a building
- Acquire inventory
- Provide working capital
- Purchase an existing business or open a new business
- Refinance existing business debt on more favorable terms
- Longer term and amortization
- Improved cash flow through a lower monthly payment
- Larger loan amount than may otherwise be available
- Lower down payment may be possible
- No balloon payments
SBA Loan Program Comparison
Standard 7(a) Loan
SBA Express Loan
|Eligible Use of Proceeds||
|Guaranty Fee Paid to SBA||
Am I eligible for an SBA loan?
There are certain criteria that must be met in order to qualify for an SBA loan. The business must:
- Operate for profit
- Be located in the United States
- Meet credit qualifications
- 51% owned by citizen or legal permanent resident (LPR)
What information do I need to apply for an SBA loan?
Once you've decided to apply for an SBA loan, you will need certain information to apply. A Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust SBA specialist will help walk you through this process. Prior to meeting with us, use this checklist to gather the necessary information:
- Personal financial statement
- Business plan
- Income tax returns (personal and business)
- Business financial statements (less than 60 days old)
- Bank statements
- Legal documents
What will my banker ask me?
The following information is what you need to know before coming in to see a Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust lender.
- Why are you applying for this loan?
- How will the loan proceeds be used?
- What assets need to be purchased, and who are your suppliers?
- What other business debt do you have, and who are your creditors?
- Who are the members of your management team?